While the lower temperatures might make it hard to get into the working spirit, with a few minor changes, your office can feel more like a place of refuge than a place of woe.
Sprucing up your personal office space, to be a reflection of you, will keep the blues at bay
When the going gets tough, the tough get personal. If your workstation is feeling dated, drab or just tired, put a personal spin on it.
- COVER YOUR CUBICLE WALLS WITH YOUR FAVORITE CONTACT OR WRAPPING PAPER
- BRING IN SOME TCHOTCHKES TO MAKE YOUR PLACE FEEL LIKE HOME
- ADD A PLANT IN A COLORFUL CONTAINER
- ADD A THROW RUG OR A FUN-PATTERNED PILLOW
Sprucing up your personal office space, to be a reflection of you, will keep the blues at bay.
Illuminating your workstation may put that skip back in your step, and create a more welcoming, upbeat environment
While office lighting has gotten much better over the years (bye-bye fluorescent tubes, hello multi-colored LED overheads), illuminating your workstation may put that skip back in your step, and create a more welcoming, upbeat environment.
- ADD NEW LIGHTING FOR STYLE AND REDUCED EYE STRAIN
- ADD LED BULBS IN A RANGE OF COLORS
- GET A NEW LAMP THAT FITS YOUR DESIGN STYLE
Plus, a better lit space can help reduce unnecessary eye strain to make work more enjoyable.
Having a tidy workspace can have a positive psychological impact
A messy desk can be a downer. Putting things where you can easily find them can reduce stress, make you work more efficiently, and create a general feeling of calm. This is true for individual workers and on a companywide scale.
- WIPE DOWN YOUR MONITORS AND COMPUTERS
- GET A NEW FILING CABINET
- TRY OUT A NEW DESKTOP ORGANIZER OR TRAY
- TRY OUT A NEW DESKTOP ORGANIZER
- ADD SPARKLE AND DECLUTTER
Adding sparkle and decluttering at every level can be beneficial to the entire organization.
A touch of color can ward off workplace woes
Going hand-in-hand with getting organized, is doing an office refresh. This can include swapping out rundown office furniture, refurbishing old pieces to make anew, or painting a banged-up wall with a fresh coat.
- SWAP OUT RUNDOWN FURNITURE
- REFURBISH OLD FURNITURE
- ADD A FRESH COAT OF PAINT FOR BANGED-UP PIECES
- ADD A LIVELYCOLOR ACCENT WALL NEAR RECEPTION OR IN THE PANTRY
Blues tend to be the most globally accepted color range; however, pick a color that works for your brand and your people.
There are many ways to make the office a more inspiring place to be. Whether you’re encouraging employees to personalize their workstations or decluttering the entire office, making little shifts can go a long way in terms of workplace morale. If you need help refurbishing old pieces, tracking inventory, or want to put a stocking program in place, contact us.